Tuesday 20 November 2012

Nature and The Human Form

I think I would like to link nature and the human form. Blending together body parts with plants, shells, animals and landscapes (perhaps). 

Stanislav Odyagailo -  A digital artist from Ukraine who's  work is very surreal. I like the creativity of his ideas and     I hope I would be able to produce such interesting results.



Jerry Uelsmann - A Darkroom Artist who merges nature and the human form to create dramatic compositions that make you think twice about the image. I really like how for example in the image below the tree trunk blends into the hands in such a realistic way. I want my images to look realistic and not over edited.  


When I start experimenting with photoshop I will certainly try merging the human body into the landscape like the image below. I love how the subjects body turns into water and flows down through the rocks.


These images were made using film in the darkroom, although I am going to focus on photoshop, I would like to try manipulating images in the dark room as well. I understand it will be harder and more limiting but it will be a very useful technique to learn. 

'Ultimately, my hope is to amaze myself. The anticipation of discovering new possibilities becomes my greatest joy'. - Jerry Uelsmann

No comments:

Post a Comment